It’s the first month of New Year, which means its time for new things. From new resolutions to new clothes and maybe also a new look. Now a new look/new year makeover can be an expensive thing to achieve. You can either spend hours at a salon to get new hair and nice skin or you can do it all on your own, right at home.
If you’re one to go with the New Year, new me philosophy, then here is how you can do it in just five simple steps, all from the comfort of your home.
- Step 1: Skin Detox – For a new look the first time you need is flawless skin. To get that, you need to detox in order to flush out all the toxins that have accumulated underneath the surface. Steam your face for at least 10 minutes, this will open all your pores. Follow this with a peel off mask, this will help remove blackheads, and any dirt and grime on your face. Follow it with a home made turmeric mask, this will give your skin a healthy glow.
- Step 2: Hair Spa – Oil your hair for half an hour and then steam your scalp with a steaming machine or by simply holding head over a pot of hot water with a towel over it. Follow this with homemade yoghurt hair pack. Wash it after half an hour. The yoghurt will make your hair soft and shiny.
- Step 3: Hair Cut – Even though you can find a number of videos online that can help you DIY your haircut, we suggest you visit a salon for this step. Pixie cuts and really short bobs are the way to go for haircuts this year. A short crop can really change your look and short hair will also come in handy during the sweltering hots months of summer. Check out these places in Mumbai for a quirky or rad makeover on a budget!
- Step 4: Change up your makeup – We can often get repetitive with the way we wear our make up. Changing little things like the colours of our lipstick, the way we wear kajal or eyeliner or changing the way you do your brows can really help you change your look.
- Step 5: Have a positive outlook – A positive and happy mind can have an effect on your outward appearance as well. When you’re happy on the inside you’re sure to glow on the outside.
The New Year is all about new things, so get out there, experiment with your style, hair and makeup and have the best year possible.