Style is something that evolves with age. Finding your personal style can be tricky if you love fashion and love to splurge on clothes now and then. But the advantage of knowing your personal style and always sticking to it is that you can rest assured that you will always look good.
You don’t need an image consultant or a fashion designer or expert to tell you what your personal style should be. You can figure it out, on your own in a few simple steps. Here’s how you can find your personal style in five simple steps.
- Take a wardrobe audit: Empty your wardrobe and make a list of everything that you have. This will give you a general idea of what kind of clothes you like to wear, what you find comfortable and which are the pieces you love the most. Once you know that if will be easier for you to shop for yourself.
- Know your body type: There are four basic types of body structures. There is the pear shaped body, the apple shaped body, the banana shaped body and the hourglass shaped body. Once you know what body shape you are, you can choose outfits that look good on that body type and define your personal style.
- Gather inspiration: Find out what stylish means to you. There is no wrong or right when it comes to style. Gather inspiration from celebrities. All celebrities have their own specific style you can take inspiration from one celebrity and create your personal style based on theirs.
- Find where your comfort lies: Figure out what you’re comfortable wearing. You look your best only when you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing. Figure out what are the most comfortable pieces in your wardrobe and that will help you know your style.
- Follow your heart: This simply means wear what you love. Forget all the rules of fashion and only wear what you know you love. When you follow your heart and wear what you like, you are at your best and that is what makes you look good.