MAC is one of the most coveted make up brands ever. Celebrities and makeup artists worldwide use MAC products because of their great quality and wide range. Every makeup lover has to have at least one MAC product in their kitty. One of the products that the brand is best known for is their lipsticks. Packaged in black bullet like casing, with silver detailing, these are any makeup lovers’ prized possessions.
But being an international brand, MAC products are priced accordingly. It’s not always possible for us to splurge on their products no matter how awesome they may be. But being Indians we like a jugaad for everything and this is no exception.
Here are the top five Indian drugstore dupes for popular MAC lipsticks that will your pocket feeling heavier.
- Shade Red Coat for MAC Ruby Woo (Retro Matte) – Lakme 9 to 5 Matte Lipstick in Red coat: One MAC’s most iconic shades. Worn by famous celebrities for some of their most iconic looks, this one is a must-have for every girl. The MAC lipstick costs INR 1500 whereas the similar shade by Lakme, from their 9to5 range will only cost you INR 450.
- MAC Candy Yum Yum – Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Fuchsia Flash: This lovely pink shade looks perfect on Indian skin tones. If bright colours are your thing, this is the shade is made for you. This MAC lipstick costs INR 1500 while the similar shade by Maybelline costs INR 340.
- MAC Velvette Teddy – Colorbar Take Me As I Am- Bare Dare Pink: A nude shade goes with everything. It the most versatile shade of lipstick and can match any skin tone or outfit. This MAC lipstick cost INR 1500 while the similar shade by Colorbar costs INR 850 only.
- MAC DIVA – Maybelline Super Stay 14H Lipstick Timeless Crimson: If dark vampy shades are your style, you will definitely love MAC Diva as it is a gorgeous burgundy shade which is ever so trendy. The MAC lipstick costs INR 1500 while the similar shade by Maybelline from their Super Stay collection costs INR 525 only.
- MAC Crosswires (Cremesheen) – Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick- Coral Pink: This is the perfect shade for the summer. Just bright enough to work during the day and subtle enough to work in the evening. The MAC lipstick costs INR 1500 while the similar shade by Maybelline from their Color Sensational collection costs INR 380 only.
SPLURGE OR SAVE?WHAT'S IT GONNA BE?