Whether it’s calling out someone one, expressing a point when happy, pointing the elephant in the room or an introductory hand shake our hands speak for us more often than we can imagine. Those cuticle less, smooth hands with a strong nail bed is any girls dream but the reality is a little different. But seldom have we ended up with that. A chipped nail means that we have to re-do the whole process of filling buffing and shaping one more time. Let’s not even go at the mental pain it causes us. Here is where nail extensions come in handy. For someone who has got nails as brittle as me they are just a boon. But before getting one done, one needs to evaluate all the pros and cons.
1. Pretty and polished nail any time of the year. Gel nails give a very glossy look and our flexible in texture giving a more natural look and feel on the hand.
2. We all want to try up different shapes and sizes according to our mood and phase we our going through but seldom have our natural nails given us the room to do so. But with nail extension, you can take your pick.
3. The durability of these things is just amazing. If gotten done from a good place the can last up to 4 weeks easily.
- Even if one manages to break a nail, all you need to do is go and get the old one replace instead of cutting all your nails and waiting them to grow back again.Cons:
- Getting a nail extension means that you are in for a long time commitment. You need to visit your nail saloon at least once every 4 weeks. Sooner if your nail growth is high.
- Nail extensions are artificial and made out of chemicals. Therefore, its goes without saying that they can damage your nail bed. Also, some women might be allergic to the chemicals used too.3. They require a lot of care and cleaning too. The food you eat, ink of your pen, anything can leave a stain on them making a good cleaning an important task at the end of every day.
- Getting one done can also be a little heaving on pocket as those re- fillings and repair don’t come cheap.
After evaluating the pros and cons. The next big question is where! Here are 4 saloons where you can get your hands on an amazing nail extension.
- La Nail and hair extension: Address: Shop No 118, 1stFloor, Galleria Mall, Powai, Mumbai 400076
- Nubar India: A/22 Elco Arcade, Next to Globus, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai 400050
- Kapil’s saloon and academy : 2nd Floor, Jyoti Plaza, C-wing, Above Tata Motors Showroom, Near Station, Swami Vivekanand Road, Kandivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400067
- Blush salon: Shop No 19, Satellite Garden Tower Phase-2, Film City Road, Goregoan East, Mumbai.
- Fabonnyx Nail studio : Sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
So what’s your take on getting one done this festive season?
Photos: Gia Kashyap