One of the best ways to nail a job interview is to do your background work about the company. Don a Sherlock Holmes hat if you may, but read up on past performances, events, company’s beliefs, upcoming goals and milestones. For this you need to come up with a SWOT analysis plan i.e understanding the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of the company.
Besides this, every interviewer also goes through a set of common questions, which your answers should be tailor-made to suit the company needs. Listed below are some points to help you nab that job interview
Common Job interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself
Focus on your education and career pathway. Add a bit of your hobbies.
- Why do you want this job?
Focus on why you like this company and why your skill sets are best suited
- What are your strengths
Focus on that one strength that will help the company grow
- What are you weaknesses
Focus on a hidden strength and how you are working towards improving yourself
- Why should we hire you?
Focus on your skills and abilities and how the company will benefit
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now
Focus on making an impact to the company’s bottom line
- Why are you switching jobs?
Focus on growth in career and how this job fits exactly in your career pathway
- Do you have any questions?
Focus on knowing more about the job profile and what it entails. What are the expectations and growth opportunities?
Job Interview Tips
- Arrive early for the interview
- Always give examples of your work and skills
- Know your CV well (please add link of ‘is your resume fashionable’ which was sent on 27th May).
- Just be relaxed and speak like a normal person. Avoid anxiety and over excitement.
- Remember your CV was chosen from an overdose of applications, so the interviewer is on your side- so be confident.
- Last but not the least, Visualize and Believe that you will nail that interview- and voila- the universe will conspire to make it work for you- Good luck!!