Weddings in India warranty a lot of dressing up. While we make do with a pretty salwar-kameez in some functions, we like to go all out for the rest. Most young women will tell you that they love wearing a saree but aren’t too confident about carrying it.
If you’re one of them, here are a few tips to help you carry the nine yards like a diva!
- Some petite women aren’t sure about how elegantly they’d be able to carry a saree. If so, they should go for stiff and fluffy fabrics like cotton and tissue to add volume to their body.
- Here’s another one for short women. Small borders and prints will give an illusion of a longer body and dark colors should be your go-to.
- Pinning your saree can be quite a daunting task as it affects the overall feel and flow of the garment. Don’t use bigger pins at the shoulders as they give a clumsy look.
- Your petticoat shouldn’t be too flared or it will mess up the fall. It should reach your ankles to make sure your legs aren’t visible at all.
- If you’re on the heavier side, you should opt for fabrics like georgette and chiffon as they stick to the body and have a slimming effect.
- It is imperative to tuck your saree properly at the waist so that it doesn’t give an illusion of a bulging waist.
- Keep your pleats to a bare minimum to get the perfect drape and shape. Too many pleats give the impression of a heavy bottom.
Hope these tips were helpful! If you have more to add, tell us in the comments below.