Fashion internships are stepping stones to fascinating careers and entrepreneurships. If you are a student and fashion is your passion, get yourself an internship with one of the fashion houses, fashion magazines or fashion brands. There are hundreds of careers in the fashion industry and an internship will only help you streamline your calling. You may be interested in designing, but styling could be your skill or even PR or maybe marketing! That’s what internships do- they give you the opportunity to find your zone in the field of fashion.
Internships are a great way to network with the right people. It will also help you understand the nitty- gritty of the job and if you are cut out for it. One of the best advantages of working as a fashion intern is that it provides you with an opportunity to get your foot in the door of your desired career.
So here are some tips to transform that internship into a job:-
• Make the most of your internship. Exceed expectations. Volunteer to do jobs outside your scope of work, it will only fill you with experience, besides getting you noticed.
• Be on time and make sure to greet your boss and colleagues. Getting noticed is one of the best ways to transform that internship into a full time job.
• Take initiative and be proactive. Come up with ideas that could help the company in whatever way possible, albeit keeping the office neat and tidy.
• Build on the skills that are taught to you and try and deliver real value to the company
• Treat your 3 or 6 month internship as a job interview where your skills are being analysed
If you still don’t succeed to convert your internship into full time job, remember to take a good reference letter that will hold you in good stead.
More article for your career in Fashion – Click here
Fashionista’s looking to intern, this one’s for you! GiaSaysthat is looking for interns from Mumbai. If you have the passion for fashion, do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org