i am elated to present the first part of the three part Makeup series that i recently worked on. This is a personal project that i wanted to undertake since a year and i finally got the chance to execute it.
Valentine’s day is one of those days when you’re reminded about your relationship status. It’s one of those days when brands bombard you with offers, your social media feed is filled with cheesy photos & videos and the television is flooded with romantic movies. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, some of us await the 14th of February whereas some of us detest it.
Whether you love or despise V-day, here’s something we created for the strong independent woman in you who irrespective of being in relationship or single takes time out of her day to look her best.
Dramatic double-winged eyeliner, muted pink eyeshadow & Deep red matte lips
Colorbar perfect match primer
L’oreal true match foundation
Bharat and Dorris orange concealer
Lord & Taylor eyeshadow palette
Bharat and Dorris bronzer
Bharat and Dorris highlighter
Bharat and Dorris loose powder
Drugstore False lashes
Duo Lash glue
Maybelline colossal eyeliner
Nyx Matte lip cream in Monte Carlo
HOW TO GO ABOUT IT:
- It’s always important to prep your skin. So make sure to use a good moisturizer after you wash your face.
- Start off with a primer and then move to the foundation. Apply the foundation using your fingers as that’s the easiest and the most efficient way.
- Use a loose powder under your eyes before you do your eye makeup so if there are any fall outs, you can dust it off.
- For the eye makeup, begin with an eyeshadow primer. Then move on to the eyeshadow. We chose a pink eyeshadow as it’s fun and goes well with the theme.
- Blend in the eyeshadow. You can also use 2 or more colours to enhance the look
- Instead of the usual single wing, we went for the double winged eyeliner look
- Apply some glue to your false lashes and wait for 30 secs. Once you’re done sticking the lashes, fill in the gaps between your real and false lashes using an eyeliner.
- Dust off the loose powder under your eyes and apply the orange concealer. Set it with powder.
- Create a fish face and apply some bronzer. Make sure to blend it well.
- Apply highlighter to enhance your cheekbones.
- Once that’s done, all you need is a tiny bit of blush.
- Fill your lips with a deep red lipstick & you’re done!